Installation Guide - SaveMyData OBM / SaveMyData ACB - Mac
- Download the setup file above and run it.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard to complete the installation.
- When finished, a new icon (SaveMyData OBM / SaveMyData ACB) will be installed to the system tray (near the clock) automatically and SaveMyData OBM / SaveMyData ACB will be launched automatically.
- Enter the backup server hostname in the [Address] field and press the [Next] button.
- (Optional) If you are using a proxy server to access the internet, please fill in the [Proxy setting] section and press the [Next] button.
- (Optional) If you do not have a backup account, you can register a trial user account by the following steps:
- Enter the [Login Name], [Password] and [Confirm Password] of your choice.
- Enter your [Email] in the textbox provided.
- Press the [Submit] button.
- You should be logged to the backup server already. (If the [Login Name] of your choice is already taken by another user, try again with a different login name.)
- If you have a backup account already, select [already a user?] and logon to the server with your existing username and password.
- If this is your first time logging onto the server, you will be guided to create a backup set:
- Enter a backup set name of your choice in the [Name] field and choose the type of backup set in the [Type] field.
- Select the files that you want to backup.
- For SaveMyData OBM user, press the [Properties] button to review or make changes to the default backup schedule setting and then press the [Next] button. (Please note that you can add multiple backup schedules to a backup set by pressing the [Add] button and please ensure that the [Run scheduled backup on this computer] checkbox is checked if you would like to enable scheduled backup to run on this computer.)
- For SaveMyData ACB user, enter a backup schedule for unattended backups and then press the [Next] button. (Please ensure that the [Run scheduled backup on this computer] checkbox is checked if you would like to enable scheduled backup to run on this computer.)
- Setup the encryption setting for your backup set. (If you do not know much about encryption, just accept the default values here.) Press the [OK] button to complete the configuration of backup set.
- To run a backup immediately, click [Backup] button on the left panel, select the backup set and press [OK] button.
- Setup is now completed.
Scheduled backup will run automatically if you leave your computer on.
Please click here for system requirements of SaveMyData OBM and SaveMyData ACB v6.
Download User Guide Mac
Download User Guide Server