Installation Guide - SaveMyData OBM / SaveMyData ACB - Windows
- Download the setup file above and run it.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard to complete the installation.
- When finished, a new icon (SaveMyData OBM / SaveMyData ACB) will be installed to the system tray (near the clock) automatically and SaveMyData OBM / SaveMyData ACB will be launched automatically.
- Enter the backup server hostname in the [Address] field and press the [Next] button.
- (Optional) If you are using a proxy server to access the internet, please fill in the [Proxy setting] section and press the [Next] button.
- (Optional) If you do not have a backup account, you can register a trial user account by the following steps:
- Enter the [Login Name], [Password] and [Confirm Password] of your choice.
- Enter your [Email] in the textbox provided.
- Press the [Submit] button.
- You should be logged to the backup server already. (If the [Login Name] of your choice is already taken by another user, try again with a different login name.)
- If you have a backup account already, select [already a user?] and logon to the server with your existing username and password.
- If this is your first time logging onto the server, you will be guided to create a backup set:
- Enter a backup set name of your choice in the [Name] field and choose the type of backup set in the [Type] field.
- Select the files that you want to backup.
- For SaveMyData OBM user, press the [Properties] button to review or make changes to the default backup schedule setting and then press the [Next] button. (Please note that you can add multiple backup schedules to a backup set by pressing the [Add] button and please ensure that the [Run scheduled backup on this computer] checkbox is checked if you would like to enable scheduled backup to run on this computer.)
- For SaveMyData ACB user, enter a backup schedule for unattended backups and then press the [Next] button. (Please ensure that the [Run scheduled backup on this computer] checkbox is checked if you would like to enable scheduled backup to run on this computer.)
- Setup the encryption setting for your backup set. (If you do not know much about encryption, just accept the default values here.) Press the [OK] button to complete the configuration of backup set.
- To run a backup immediately, click [Backup] button on the left panel, select the backup set and press [OK] button.
- Setup is now completed.
Scheduled backup will run automatically if you leave your computer on.
Please click here for system requirements of SaveMyData OBM and SaveMyData ACB v6.